2021 Shift Your World Film Festival
10 feature-length films, world premieres, conversations with filmmakers and producers, special presentation events & more – including a collection of powerful shorts: The Monolith, Hudson Geese, Slomo, and The Story of Stuff!
Click on any poster to watch the trailer
PANELS AND CONVERSATIONS
About the Shift Your World Film Festival
Shift Your World Film Festival is the first-ever online film event hosted by The Shift Network. This seminal event is rooted in the understanding that the most powerful world-changing movies are ones that leave us as better, wiser, and more engaged humans. They engender insights and awareness that touch deep into our souls, calling us to remember who we are and why we are here.
The year 2020 was a time of dramatic loss on many levels, but 2021 gives us the opportunity for regeneration and rebirth. That’s why the theme for this brand-new event is regenesis, leveraging this unique cultural moment to redesign our future with an upleveled vision of human potential.
The most powerful stories awaken our curiosity and imagination. They show us the possibility of a thriving future. Through film, we can truly envision a brighter, more meaningful tomorrow.
Humans are born storytellers, and the Shift Your World Film Festival is designed to offer an opportunity for showcasing compelling stories that blend inspiration, possibility, and true activism – while touching our hearts and souls.
This completely FREE event features digital world premieres of films from around the globe. You’re invited to engage in unique online experiences inspired by in-person film festivals – including panel discussions with filmmakers and voting for our first-ever awards ceremony. You can even engage in an immersive virtual experience when you upgrade to our VIP pass.
Join us for this unique online experience of filmgoers, filmmakers, and moving storytellers to reinvigorate your hopeful spirit and work toward global change together.
AWARDS | JURORS | ADVISORS
The Shift Your World Film Festival Awards Ceremony takes place the evening of Sunday, May 9. We are pleased to recognize and honor outstanding cinematic achievement in three categories:
Jury Award: 1st and 2nd place winners to be selected by our esteemed jury panel.
Culture Shift Legacy Award (Feature Film & Short): Honoring films that have achieved legendary status in advancing humanity’s evolutionary conversation.
Audience Choice Award: Cast your vote for your favorite film LIVE during the festival. Voting closes Sunday, May 9. The winner will be announced within 1-2 days.
The first annual Shift Your World Film Festival could not exist without our venerable team of advisors, jurors, and producers.
Film Festival Producers
2021 AWARD WINNERS
Congratulations to the winners of our first-ever Shift Your World Film Festival Awards!
We tallied all the votes… and here’s who is receiving our 2021 honors.
- 1st place — River of Gold
- 2nd place — Artifishal
JURY AWARDS FOR FEATURE FILM
Each of this year’s films were wonderful, which made our job very challenging. As we discussed the merits of the candidates — looking at craft, creativity, effective storytelling, and potential to significantly shift the audience’s perspective and choices, several films began to emerge as potential winners. After further note-comparing and discussion, we found our way to consensus about our first and second prize recipients:
- 1st place — Kiss the Ground
- 2nd place — We Are the Radical Monarchs
CULTURE SHIFT LEGACY AWARDS
Honoring a feature-length and short film that have achieved legendary status in advancing humanity's evolutionary conversation.
- Feature —Baraka
- Short — The Story of Stuff
Special Event Presentation
Directed by Jacqui Fifer
What would happen if 7 billion people all meditated? Could it shift the trajectory of our planet? The Portal follows six people (and a robot) who transform their lives using mindfulness, providing inspiration as humans embark on the next phase of evolution.
Feature Film Trailers
As we emerge from a year of loss, uncertainty, and life lived in a smaller scope, Shift Your World’s mindfully curated films and poignant post-screening discussions offer a portal to new possibilities in the realms of personal, societal, and planetary wellbeing.
Directed by Lucy Martens and Olivier Girard
The Twelve is a documentary that gives a voice to the wisdom traditions of twelve Elders from around the globe, who share long-forgotten knowledge of humanity’s eternal and complex connection with Nature.
The Reunited States
Directed by Ben Rekhi
The Reunited States is a powerful documentary that follows the unsung heroes on the difficult journey of bridging our political and racial divides. Susan Bro, who lost her daughter when a car drove through a crowd in Charlottesville, and David and Erin Leaverton, a Republican couple who traveled to all 50 states in an RV to find out what divides us, are just a few of the characters profiled.
Directed by Kelly Noonan
Heal takes us on a scientific and spiritual journey where we discover that our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions have a huge impact on our health and ability to heal. The latest science reveals that we are not victims of unchangeable genes, nor should we buy into a scary prognosis. The fact is we have more control over our health and life than we have been taught to believe. This film will empower you with a new understanding of the miraculous nature of the human body and the extraordinary healer within us all.
We Are the Radical Monarchs
Directed by Linda Goldstein Knowlton
Set in Oakland, a city with a deep history of social justice movements, We Are the Radical Monarchs documents three years in the life of the Radical Monarchs – an alternative to the Scout movement for girls of color, ages 8-13, where members earn badges for completing units on social justice. The film also follows the co-founders’ struggle to respond to the needs of communities across the U.S. to create and inspire a new generation of social justice activists.
Kiss the Ground
Directed by Josh and Rebecca Tickell
Kiss the Ground is a groundbreaking film that demonstrates how regenerating the world’s soils can completely and rapidly stabilize Earth’s climate, restore lost ecosystems, and create abundant food supplies.
Directed by Josh Murphy
Artifishal is a film about people, rivers, and the fight for the future of wild fish and the environment that supports them. It explores wild salmon’s slide towards extinction, threats posed by fish hatcheries and fish farms, and our continued loss of faith in nature.
River of Gold
Directed by Sarah DuPont and Reuben Aaronson
Narrated by Academy Award winners Sissy Spacek and Herbie Hancock, River of Gold is the disturbing account of a clandestine journey into Peru’s Amazon rainforest to uncover the savage unraveling of pristine jungle. Ron Haviv and Donovan Webster, two war journalists, led by Peruvian Enrique Ortiz, bear witness to the apocalyptic destruction in the pursuit of illegally mined gold, with consequences on a global scale.
Love Thy Nature
Directed by Sylvie Rokab
Narrated by Liam Neeson, Love Thy Nature points to how deeply we’ve lost touch with nature – and takes viewers on a cinematic journey through the beauty and intimacy of our relationship with the natural world, showing that a renewed connection with nature is key to our personal health and the health of our planet.
Directed by Ron Fricke
Baraka explores themes via a compilation of stunningly filmed natural events, human activities, biological diversity, and technological phenomena shot on six continents in 24 countries including Tanzania, China, Brazil, Japan, Nepal, the U.S., and Europe over a 14-month period. Baraka is an ancient Sufi word, translated as a blessing or as the essence of life from which the evolutionary process unfolds.
Schedule and films subject to change
The views and opinions expressed in Shift Your World festival films, panels, and presentations do not necessarily reflect those of The Shift Network Inc.
What People Are Saying About Shift Festivals...
The festival was a wonderful introduction to people, their talents, and wisdom that I would never have experienced if it were not for the festival. The pass is the only way to experience it fully with the gift of returning to your favourites again and again.
– Kimella Hilliard, Saanichton, Canada
I loved hearing and feeling the language of our youth. I feel connected with their visions, living the Now, and what I can contribute to self, family, community, and all that is.
– Jeannene Mosley, Middleton, Wisconsin
The Shift Network is the most positive and supportive group of people I’ve dealt with online. I love each class and the vast range of courses to explore. I try to integrate the classes I take to complement my healing journey. I love these people’s heart-centered energy.
– Rowyn Capers
It was wonderful to be touched by so many people from around the world, and feeling as though we really are one and all are working in our own ways toward healing for our Mother and one another. Made me feel hopeful and uplifted.
– Cook Rodgers
This is my second virtual festival with The Shift Network and it was amazing. This helped me find community in a dark time and helps me mark the passing of the seasons. Plus the musicians and speakers are fantastic!
– Raven, Atlanta, Georgia
It was connecting with like-minded brave, positive beings and jumping together into the pool of light of change. It was exciting, thrilling, effortless, and so, so natural!!!
– Laura Whelan
EPIC event! Thank you, Shift Network! You and the team are a blessing! Love. Peace. Blessings. Unity.
This is absolutely the most beautiful soulful event! What a blessing to the world! To us all who are present!
About The Shift Network
We are a socially conscious organization which, since our founding in 2010, has served over 3,200,000 people in 170 countries in domains such as spirituality, holistic health, sound healing, Indigenous wisdom, peace, psychology, enlightened business, and sustainability.
Our focus to date has been on interactive, virtual courses, global online summits and festivals, and live seminars and retreats – all centered on empowering a shift to a more sacred way of living.
We empower and support a global network of people who are creating an evolutionary shift of consciousness that leads to a more enlightened society built on principles of health, peace, prosperity, and sustainability.
RSVP here for your free ticket – and let’s connect, collaborate, and co-create a new evolution together.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices of The Shift Network, Inc. and all websites owned or operated by or on behalf of The Shift Network, Inc., including, without limitation, theshiftnetwork.com (collectively referred to as “our websites”).
Legal Entity: The Shift Network Inc
Email Address: email@example.com
Postal Address: 625 2nd St, Petaluma, CA 94952
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: Personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual and may include.
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your PII and non-PII are collected by us, and how we use such information.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How We Collect and Use Information
- Log Files. Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of the site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any PII.
- Information About You. When you register, enroll or place an order for any products or services, we collect information about you. For interactive content and community services where you may choose to have a public profile, we may display your non-PII information to other community members and visitors. You may choose to provide us with your photo(s) or video(s) and by providing us such content, you agree that we may make them available to other members and visitors. Except as otherwise stated in this privacy statement, we do not disclose your PII to you or other users of our services.
- Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- Emails and Telephone Calls. We require an email address from you when you register for our services. We use your email address for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation and renewal processing) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section below labeled “Choice/Opt-Out.” We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) in connection with our services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- Demographic Data. Demographic data is also collected at our site. We may use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
- Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
- Public Forums. We may make discussion boards available to our users and visitors. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any PII. Please consult the community guidelines for each discussion board for other specific information.
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts owed to us
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to provide feedback, leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services
To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business
To administer and protect our business and website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising
(e) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
(i) requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
(ii) if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry (if applicable for your region) of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
(iii) in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our subscription management tool.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement or any legal process, protect or defend our rights or property, or protect someone’s health or safety.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-PII with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your PII, sometimes in conjunction with your non-PII with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share PII (such as email or mailing address) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users. If you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, you can change your email preferences at any time by following the steps outlined in the “Choice/Opt-Out” section below.
- Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may partner with third-party advertising agencies or other service providers to serve ads on our website on behalf of The Shift Network or third-party advertisers (e.g., retailers of goods or services). These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous. Some of these third-party advertising agencies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers you the option to opt out of ad targeting from its member agencies by following the procedures listed here.
We will only share your information with third parties in the ways defined in this privacy statement.
Our age restrictions for different services are set forth in each website’s applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. We do not target any of our sites or services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information stored in our databases. These measures include use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) technology during credit card transactions and administrator sessions, as well as other security measures which are applied to all data at rest and in transit. We will exercise reasonable care in providing for the secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws to include but not limited to privacy laws in the United States and General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Links to Other Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to this site or of any third party advertisers.
Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail.
In order to stop displaying our ads on your Facebook account, please manage your Facebook settings by clicking here: Facebook Settings
Updating Your Information
The Shift Network provides users the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted.
1. For any services where you have an account page, you may change your credit card (if applicable), e-mail address, password and other information from the account settings or preferences page; or
2. You can send mail or electronic mail to the address listed above, providing us with your account information and letting us know which information you wish to update.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with any of our websites, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your use of our websites, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. BY USING OUR WEBSITES, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
Notice To California Users
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), we are providing the following details regarding the categories of personal information about California residents we have collected or disclosed within the preceding 12 months.
We collected, including through service providers, and disclosed the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, birthday, profile name, as well as IP addresses, device IDs, mobile advertising IDs, and other similar identifiers;
- Payment and financial information you provide when you purchase a Product or use certain features of the Platform;
- Characteristics about you like any gender information you choose to provide when you register an account on the Platform;
- Internet or other network activity information, including browsing and search history and other information about your use of the Platform;
- Geolocation data derived from IP addresses;
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information above to create a profile or segment about you so we can provide you with personalized content and advertising.
We disclosed the categories of personal information above, including to our service providers and affiliates, for a range of operational business purposes – Please see Purposes for processing your personal data
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
CCPA and other California law provides California residents with the additional rights listed below. You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by calling 866-230-2326 or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Right to Access: You have the right to know and access what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:The categories of personal information we’ve collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of personal information about you which we shared and/or sold;
- The categories of third parties we have shared or sold personal information to; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). In some instances, however, we may decline to honor your request where an exception applies.
Other Rights: You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.